The house of Adler has always been a bridge builder across styles, continents and generations. Jacques Adler, born in the Austro-Hungarian Empire and trained in Vienna, opened an atelier in Istanbul. The year was 1886, in the world capital of jewellery, in the heart of the goldsmiths’ quarter. The house of Adler stands out with its style combining the rigorous precision and know-how of the West with the warm curves and the magical imagination of the East. This family firm built its name on creativity and an innovative spirit that ignores limits. It enjoys an international reputation for setting trends rather than following fashion; its sole guiding principle is the dedication to beauty at the service of women. For over 120 years, the house of Adler has controlled every single step of production, form choosing and buying stones all over the world to customizing sales in its exclusive boutiques, as well as polishing, designing and marketing. Adler maintains a bold spirit, displays outstanding flexibility, and remains open to the world. Adler does not hesitate to cut a stone to fit a drawing, to mix colours, to combine stones with other precious or noble materials. Adler stems from an old line of jewelers with know-how of high repute, while looking at the future and creating jewels always one innovation ahead of the next trend. The descendants of Jacques Adler have maintained this pioneering spirit: since settling in Geneva in 1972, Carlo, Franklin and Leylâ Adler have ensured that the house of Adler keeps its family character, its love for combinations, and dialogue among cultures. They also expanded their presence to Gstaad, London, Moscow, Hong-Kong, Tokyo and Dubai. The passion for Haute Joaillerie was naturally passed onto the fourth generation: Allen Adler joined the managing team; with his solid experience in finance and management, he is upgrading the firm’s organization structure and improving its efficiency.
- :+41 (0)22 819 80 26 ; Fax:+41 (0)22 819 80 80
23 Rue du Rhône 1204 Geneva Switzerland
Baume et Mercier is a Swiss luxury watchmaking company founded in 1830. It is owned by Richemont, and with Cartier and Piaget they make up the core of the group. This company is represented in 75 countries and produces around 200,000 watches a year. The most important markets are in Europe, especially Italy, Spain and France. Baume et Mercier is distributed by 220 exclusive retailers worldwide and has established itself as a manufacturer of sporty chronographs. history Native of Franche Comtï¿½, the Baume family settled in the Les Bois village in the Swiss Jura Mountains from 1542. Carrying out watch-manufacturing work the Baumes passed on their knowledge of watch mechanisms from father to son. At the heart of a century marked by extraordinary scientific and industrial progress, brothers Louis Victor and Pierre-Joseph Cï¿½lestin Baume founded the house of the same name and registered it as an agency in the Les Bois village, in the Swiss Jura Mountains in 1830. There was only one motto: "Accept only perfection, only manufacture watches of the highest quality.ï¿½ Until 1840 the house manufactured watches with escapement wheels then introduced the cylinder escapement Lï¿½pine calibre to the Jura Mountains. Possessing a keen business sense, the Baume brothers looked to set up in a major European capital city. They chose London. Pierre-Joseph-Cï¿½lestin Baume went to set up there in 1847 and founded "Baume Brothers" in 1851. In 1880 the second generation took over. Alcide Eugï¿½ne son of Louis Victor, managed the Swiss entity and Arthur Joseph that of London. Sensible entrepreneurs, sensitive to the policy of their elders, they took part in building the railway linking Chaux-de-fonds to Saignelï¿½gier, not hesitating to have the line diverted to optimise delivery of their production. An example of their clear-sightedness that allowed them to emerge from obscurity and quickly acquire international recognition. Baume & Co took part in the chronometry competition held at Kew Teddington near London for the first time in 1885 and won several prizes. In 1892, Baume & Co earned the highest mark ever awarded at the Kew competition during that era: 91.9 out of 100 for a "keyless chronometer watch, tourbillon movement". This record was only bettered 10 years later. In 1912, William Baume, grandson of the founder, met the watchmaker and jeweler Paul Mercier at the Geneva watch and jewellery shop in Haas. The meeting resulted in the signing of an agreement on 26 November 1918 for the establishment of Baume et Mercier in Geneva. The Company was born on 27th August 1920. This proved to be a very successful enterprise, and in 1921 they were awarded the coveted Poincon de Geneve, official recognition of flawless quality products. Watches dating from this period are now rare collectors pieces, worth thousands of dollars. In 1937 William Baume withdrew from active business. He was followed into retirement by Paul Mercier, and the jeweler Constantin de Gorski joined the company accompanied by his master jewel-setter and male companion, Robert Peron. After World War II Baume et Mercier concentrated on conventional men's watches, sports chronographs and ladies' jewellery watches. The 20th October 1964, the brand registered the Greek letter PHI, symbol of the golden number and Leonard de Vinci's theory of proportion. The letter PHI is present on all Baume & Mercier designs. In 1965 the Piaget family bought control over Baume et Mercier. One of the world's thinnest calendar watches with a mini rotor was produced under Piaget's aegis. In the same year the new owners switched to electronic tuning fork movements, and from 1970 increased investments in quartz movements. In 1973 Baume & Mercier was awarded a prize for its creativity in jewellery watches by winning the Baden Baden Golden Rose in Dusseldorf with the Galaxie, Mimosa and Stardust models. At the end of the 1983, Baume et Mercier temporarily ceased production of mechanical watches. In 1988, Christian and Yves Piaget sold 60% of their stake to Piaget holding S.A., also selling Baume et Mercier S.A. to Cartier Monde S.A. in Paris. The Baume & Mercier brand joined the Richemont group in 1993. Since October 2002, the Baume & Mercier watch-making house has been the owner of its own casing workshop in Les Brenets, a few kilometres from the village of Les Bois in the Franches Mountains, birthplace of the watch-making roots of the Baume family.
50, chemin de la Chï¿½naie 1293 Bellevue-Geneva Switzerland
Christian Bédat and his mother Simone Bédat founded Bédat & Co on 8th October 1996. At the 1997 Basel Show, just six months after the brand was created, Christian Bédat presented its global concept along with two collections: N°3 and N°7. 304 and Ref. 314 are an immediate success and are still the best-selling models to this day. Bédat & Co was one of the pioneer on diamond setting in steel case. Sine 1998 Bédat & Co is sold in Switzerland and in the United States. In 2006 the founders Christian Bédat & Simone Bédat leaved the company, just one year before the celebration of the 10th birthday since the company was founded. Each Bédat & Co watch was the fruit of Christian Bédat’s personal reflection, his knowledge of watchmaking history, his experience and his desires. Following his departure, the new team is doing its utmost to cultivate his creative spirit and his taste for elegance through the new timepieces by BEDAT & C°. In 2008 Bédat & Co launched the first ever boutique in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. In 2009 Bédat & Co was acquired by Luxury Concepts. Bédat & Co remains a 100% Swiss company with distribution on 5 continents.
- +41 22 718 01 88 ; Fax : +41 22 718 01 80
45 rue Agasse P.O. Box 126 1211 Geneva 17 Switzerland
- +41 77 427 78 36
Militärstrasse 115 8004 Zürich Switzerland
Breguet is a manufacturer of luxury watches, founded by Abraham-Louis Breguet in Paris in 1775. Since 1999 Breguet is part of The Swatch Group. Its timepieces are now (since 1976) produced in the Vallï¿½e de Joux in Switzerland. Breguet is one of the oldest surviving watch-making establishments and is the pioneer of numerous watch-making technologies, the most notable being the tourbillon, invented by Abraham-Louis Breguet. Breguet watches are often easily recognized for their coin-edge cases, guillochï¿½ dials and blue pomme hands (often now referred to as 'Breguet hands'). history Born in Neuchatel, Switzerland in 1749, Abraham-Louis Breguet learned watch-making in Paris and studied mathematics. The young and ambitious Swiss man got his chance when he married the daughter of a wealthy Frenchman who gave her a large dowry. He established the company in Paris. Breguet became famous with his invention of the automatic watch which he made for the Duke of Orleans. Soon he was making watches for the French aristocracy and inventing numerous mechanisms. These include the rewinding watch, the tourbillion, and the overcoil. Queen Marie-Antoinette became fascinated by the rewinding mechanism and an admirer ordered a very advanced watch with many of Breguetï¿½s new inventions for her. Unfortunately, this wasnï¿½t finished until Abraham-Louis and the Queen had both died. Breguet made the first wristwatch ever invented for Caroline Murat, the sister of Napoleon 1 and Queen of Naples in 1810. He became the watchmaker for the navy and was awarded the Legion of Honour by Louis XVIII. After Abraham-Louis died in the company was taken over by his son, Antoine-Louis. Antoine-Louis drove the prestigious business into bankruptcy by letting sales and orders decline and debts pile up. His son, Louis-Clement, eventually took over. He invented the first electric clocks but decided to leave and concentrate on electric telegraphs and telecommunications. The business was sold to the English watchmaker, Edward Brown. The next decades were difficult for the company which struggled to retain its luxury image. There was little invention except for the pocket watch with no traditional hand indicators. Sales declined during the First World War. In 1970 the company was sold to the Chaumet brothers who wanted it to become glamorous again and started ï¿½reinventingï¿½ the product so that they could return it to its former glory. Unfortunately they went bankrupt and the company fell victim to their troubles. Breguet is now owned by the Swatch group and is the favourite brand of the chairman, Nicolas Hayek. Since it was acquired by the Swatch Group in 1999, Montres Breguet has rapidly moved into the world number one position in luxury watchmaking. Today the brand is continuing to reinforce its dominant role in the development of watchmaking mechanics by devoting very significant investments to research and innovation, as well as to the actual Breguet manufacturing site, which has been enlarged and expanded with new facilities and infrastructure as well as sophisticated machinery. Emphasis has also been placed on recruiting highly qualified watchmakers. A team is ceaselessly working on the design and production of new models that interpret the brandï¿½s esthetic values in a novel manner, and on completely original mechanisms that will drive the timepieces of tomorrow. At the heart of the brandï¿½s strategy lies the perfecting, through synergies with the Swatch Group, of innovative manufacturing procedures. This demonstrates its historical capacity for constantly reinventing and revolutionizing watchmaking, in order to satisfy the requirements of its extremely sophisticated clientele. It was with this objective in mind that a prestige jewelry line was launched in 2002, with resounding success. Since its incorporation into the Swatch Group, Breguet has seen its turnover increase considerably (whilst always retaining a limited production volume), and its international distribution become more effective and dynamic. The brand has also confirmed its position as a key player in Haute Horlogerie by opening Boutiques in the worldï¿½s most prestigious cities, for example Paris, Cannes, New York, Los Angeles, Geneva, London, Vienna, Seoul, Dubai and Tokyo.
- +41 (0)21 841 90 90 ; Fax: +41 (0)21 841 90 84
Montres Breguet SA CH - 1344 L'Abbaye Switzerland